What to Expect
Prior to your first appointment, you will be asked to complete a health intake questionnaire and to bring these forms with you to your first appointment along with any available laboratory or diagnostic results that you’ve obtained from your Medical Doctor.
The length of your first appointment is about an hour. Naturopathic Medicine is very individualized, and your appointments are about you as an individual. We are all very unique, and therefore the way we experience health and the cause(s) of our conditions are unique as well. Understanding you as a person is important in the development of an effective individualized treatment plan.
Your first appointment will also include an extensive personal and family medical history. Further diagnostic testing may be recommended at this time and a general screening physical examination is usually performed at your first or second appointment.
Follow-up appointments are typically 30-45 minutes and include monitoring treatment plans, implementing treatment plans (ie acupuncture) and making adjustments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Can Seek Naturopathic Medical Care?
- Is Naturopathic Medicine Covered by O.H.I.P?
- How is a Naturopathic Doctor different than a Medical Doctor?
- How is a Naturopathic Doctor the same as a Medical Doctor?
- Do I need to stop seeing my Medical Doctor if I want to see a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Is Naturopathic Medicine and Homeopathy the Same or are they Different?
- Is Naturopathic Medicine supported by research?
- Is Naturopathic Medicine safe to use with prescription medications?